Saturday, February 20, 2010

Just 3 Weeks Ago...

Just 3 weeks ago our lives changed forever in a HUGE way! On Saturday, Jan 30th we brought Elijah home from the hospital. Because we had such short notice of his arrival, I think we are still adjusting to the idea that we are parents. I mean, we are actually responsible for the survival of this "thing"! (Not gonna lie, I have had that thought as recently as today!) But, what an amazing and exciting new role in life!

So, naturally a lot has changed...routines, schedules, sleep patterns...those are the obvious ones! But, also just the way we look at everyday life is already very different! Driving - I am much more protective and cautious, even when Elijah isn't in the car! What kind of crazy person would text while driving? (Me, just three weeks ago!) Productivity - At work I was measured by how many patients I could see in a day and for what amount of time. Now, it's how much I can get done around the house (which never seemed to be as much a challenge before now!) in between feedings and diapers while hopefully catching a quick nap somewhere in the mix. Personal Health/Diet - There is now someone in our lives who needs us! We have to stay healthy ourselves in order to care for him. Maybe I'll take up running (I despise running unless there is a ball or frisbee involved)...or maybe not!

Anyway, just a few of my many daily thoughts. All in all, we are all adjusting very nicely! Eli is sleeping well...only getting up twice in the night with 4-5 hours between feedings. Even the Huxtables (our cats, Cliff and Claire) are doing well! Some fun stories about the cats...Claire is taking on the more protective/curious role. Every night when I get up to feed Eli, she sits on the back of the glider looking down at us while he eats. She also likes to lay next to him whenever he's on the floor/bed. Cliff, on the other hand, just misses our undivided attention. I'm not sure that he has noticed much else...well, that and the fact that he's been missing a few meals here and there due to our forgetfulness! He thinks all of these new toys are for him. We found him batting at the rattles on Eli's floor gym, and he has also claimed a pacifier as his own, fetching it and carrying it in his mouth! Still trying to get a quick picture of that! They keep us entertained!

Well, here are a few of my favorite, recent pictures. I am sad to say, however, that as of the last few days Eli's baby acne has started popping up. Oh well, we still think he is perfect and precious! (Shout out to "Great Aunt" Rosie for the beautiful quilt that is in many of these pictures! We LOVE it!)










2 comments:

  1. Love the new pictures! Mom said that Rosie made that quilt.. I'm tellin ya, one day we will be makin awesome quilts for our little ones! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see him! Can you keep him that little until July? We miss you guys and can't wait to see you.

    ReplyDelete