Elijah turned 3 on January 28th (AND, one of my college buddies had her first baby that day...thanks for making it easy to remember, Monica!). I know everybody says this, but where does the time go?!
I cannot remember a time without this sweet boy. I started looking through some of his baby pictures and began to reminisce...a few (or, not so few!) of my favorites...
Home from the hospital...the most perfect thing I had ever seen.
(FYI: this was our "gangrene" halloween costume...we rocked it!)
Tacky Christmas with Aunt Lauren's light-up sweater!
First Birthday! Gramma D flew up and completely surprised us all!
First day as a family of 3...just home from the hospital
March 18th, 2001...Elijah's Adoption Day!
"Can you believe this?!"
Papa Rara, my dad, in PA welcoming Elijah home
Ok, sorry for the delay in bday pics...just couldn't resist posting a few of my favorites from Elijah's "younger" days. Both of our boys are such incredible gifts!
Now, the birthday festivities....
Elijah's birthday was low-key. We had all the Memphis family and our friends John & Jacque over for pork tenderloin, salad, green beans and cheese grits. This always seemed to be our "special occasion" meal growing up so I thought it was fitting to do the same for Elijah's bday.
We quickly learned that Miles REALLY likes cheese grits...too bad that doesn't go over so well with his lactose intolerance. But, hey, it was a special occasion!
The most important part...CAKE!!
Luke getting a premature nibble...and Miles hoping for one!
Aunt Lauren & Uncle Ray sent this rocket launcher to the boys (all 3 of them!) for Christmas, but we didn't have a warm enough day to play outside until around Elijah's bday. So, we played it off as a bday gift. The boys really loved it...but perhaps Luke had the most fun.
A special bday breakfast for my big guy...eggs, bacon, blueberries,
and a peanut butter covered waffle with a candle! This kid can tear up some bacon!
I can't handle the cuteness here!
Aunt Lauren & Uncle Ray sent Elijah some very special birthday gifts (of course they did...because they are awesome!). Ordered online, he received 3 different packages of Lion King gifts...he is STILL smitten with them! First, a Lion King read along book...his face says it all!
He literally sat down in the driveway as soon as he opened it and began flipping through the pages!
No kidding, he sat there for over 30 minutes happy as a lark!
Meanwhile, Miles was practicing his best "Chubby" (you know? "Hi, my name is Chubby...")
...and performing acrobatics with Daddy-O
The 2nd gift was a Lion King paint book!
The Coopers sent him these awesome geometric-shaped magnets that let you built all kinds of cool things! Both boys love these! Gotta love imagination & creativity inspiring toys!
Lastly, Lauren & Ray sent Elijah Lion King underwear! I wish I could publicly proclaim that this now 3 year old was successfully potty trained...negative. Zero interest. Even a bribe of chocolate and ice cream has no effect! Last week I asked him why he didn't want to use the potty. He told me that, "those alligators make big splashes!" Hilarious!
On his actual birthday, we called up his good buddy, Cooper, for an impromptu lunch at ChicFilA! So thankful for this little guy and his parents, Steph & Logan. And, thankful for the friendship we share, the challenges & joys of parenting, and the same goal to get all of these boys to Heaven!
Tuckered out after all that celebrating!
STILL reading his Lion King books...they go everywhere!
...and so do his balloons! His balloon from CFA had to go on our walk around the neighborhood!
I think Cliff is looking over Elijah's shoulder and trying to stir up his inner lion...ok, maybe not!
Oh, what a fun boy! And, funny, too! Here are a few of his latest quotes...
*After being educated about the easter bunny by a lady at church, Elijah (the following day) says, "Hey Mom, when is that rabbit gonna come and bring me M&Ms?!"
*Elijah found a wad of lint in our driveway (our dryer vent cover is broken), and he ran up to me, eyes looking to the heavens and exclaimed..."Mom...cloud droppings!" - I almost died!
You guys have a great week!











.jpg)
.jpg)

























I want to steal your kids!!!
ReplyDeleteThis was such a perfect birthday post! I love, love the flashback pictures! The ones of him first home from the hospital gave me chills... I love your story! And the bumbo picture is my favorite! He is so full of happiness and expression.
He just brings joy to everyone, I can tell- and I am glad I get to experience it through the blog!
Um... And gangrene! Hahahaha!
ReplyDelete3??? Oh my, I hope you are writing down all the funny things those boys say!! Cloud droppings, LOVE IT! Awwww, bless it.
ReplyDeletengt
ReplyDeletelove to bath him his little tightpussy is ready forcock
ReplyDelete